When dyeing in a bowl or bucket you must wear rubber gloves.
Here’s what you do:
- Heat 6 L of water to at least 60°C (60°C = 4 L of boiling + 2 L of cold water) and pour into a plastic bowl or bucket.
- Next, dissolve the simplicol textile dye in the water.
- When dyeing silk, you also need to add about 300 ml of vinegar (or 50 ml of 25% vinegar essence).
- Fully immerse the clean fabric in the dye bath and dye for one hour while stirring.
- Rewash the textile at 40°C using detergent.
You can then add fixative to your dyed clothing. This makes it colourfast up to 40°C.
Find out more here
Our latest guides
Dutorial Shirt Dyeing in Velvet Black
DUtorial summer cushions ice batiks Discover the coolest application simplicol has to offer! Ice cubes and simplicol textile dye expert make a dream team. A great example of this are these summery cushions in poppy red and maize yellow. Lean your head back, close your eyes and relax with the cushion special effect. Have fun [...]